Anti Ragging Help Line No. - 8262940940
UGC Help Line No. - 1800-180-55-22
In case of ragging incident the complaint shall be directly made to the UGC. The link is provided below on which the complaint can be submitted directly.
The following are the punishable ingredients of ragging:-
- Abetment to ragging;
- Criminal conspiracy to rag;
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging;
- Public nuisance created during nagging;
- Violation of decency and morals through nagging;
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt;
- Wrongful restraint;
- Wrongful confinement;
- Use of criminal force;
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences;
- Criminal trespass;
- Offences against property;
- Criminal intimidation;
- Attempt to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s);
- Physical or psychological humiliation;
- All other offences following from the definition of 'ragging'.
- To develop the guidelines and norms for a policy against Ragging.
- To develop principles and procedures for combating Ragging.
- To work out details for the implementation of the policy.
- To prepare a detailed plan of action, both short and long term.
- To investigate and make inquiry into the complains related to ragging and take appropriate action as per the law.
Anti Ragging Committee:
Chairperson:Dr. Md. Salim (Director, Lloyd Law College) 8800621117
- Prof. Akhilesh Kumar Khan (Deputy Director, Lloyd Law College)
- Prof. Amit Shrivastava (Assistant Professor, Law)
- Ms. Vaishali Joshi - (NGO Representation)
- Ms. Sonica Ghosh (Student)
- Adv. Mahedra Vikram Singh (Advocate)
- Ms. Meena Mathews (Student)
- Mr. Chandan Kumar Singh (Media)
- Mr. A. K. Sharma (Parents Representative)
- Maj. V. G. Menon Member Secretary (Administration Head, Lloyd Law College)
Anti-Ragging Squad Composition:
Chairperson: Prof. Amit Shrivastava 9821582659 (Asst. Prof., Lloyd Law College)
- Prof. Rupesh Singh
- Prof. Pankaj Singh
- Dr. Kavitha Chalakkal
- Ms. Shilpa Tak
Anti-Ragging Notification by UGC- PDF File