Dr. Preeti Tewari
- Position:Associate Professor
- Email: email@example.com
Ph.D in English Literature (Topic: Feminist Discourse in the Novels of Shobhaa De’ and Namita Gokhale); MA (Linguistics & Phonetics) from CIEFL, now, EFLU, Hyderabad University; B.Ed. (two year course).
Dr Preeti Tewari is a doctorate in English Literature. She did her Masters in Linguistics and Phonetics from CIEFL (now, EFLU). She has also done Train the Trainer Course and has varied certifications in Soft Skills, BEC training and Human Values and Professional Ethics from institutions like, Infosys, Cambridge University, the British Council and APJAKTU. She has over 17 years of teaching experience and has taught an array of courses like Professional English, Professional Communication, Business Communication, Technical Writing, UCLES BEC and Soft Skills courses to the undergraduate as well as post graduate students. Her research interests include ELT, Phonetics, Business Communication, Soft Skills training and Feminism. She has done theatre also. She is instrumental in conducting tailor made sessions for students across the board in unleashing their hidden potential and making them employable. She participated in a number of national and international conferences, seminars and workshops and has several publications to her credit in the various journals of National and International repute and in the conference proceedings of National and International Conferences too. She has authored a book on positive quotes (original) by the name Quorocracy: 275 quotes to conquer life (ISBN No. 978-1-64324-068-8).
- The Portrayal of Women characters in Shobhaa De’s Novels in “Research in Literatures, and Languages” (Edited by: Prasannanshu, Pradeep Kumar Das, Ali R. Fatehi and Anil Sehrawat) Vol. 4 (2017).
- A study of the Institution of marriage and motherhood in the novels of Shobhaa Dé; Virtuoso: A Refereed Transnational Bi-Annual Journal of Language and Literature in English, (Chief ed.) T. Sai Chandra Mouli. Vol. 4 – Issue 2. (Feb. 2015).
- Value Driven Leadership: an immediate need for the Indian culture Leadership for 21st Century Business: Issues and Challenges, ITS College, Greater Noida (Feb. 2012).
- Lesbian Consciousness in Shobhaa Dé’s fiction; Feminine Psyche: A Post-Modern Critique, (ed.) Dr. Neeru Tandon. Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi (2008).
Papers Presented: (06- International)
- A study on Rromani Females’ socio-economic, educational and legal situation in Europe in an International Conference on Rromani Language, Linguistic Rights, And Linguistic Justice (ICRLLRLJ) organised by The Centre for Linguistic Justice and Endangered Languages, NLU in collaboration with The Rromani Division (South-India and Himalaya Dpt.) of the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Culture, Paris. (INALCO); New Delhi [5 December 2018].
- Language Death: Concept; Reasons; and Measures to Revive in a UGC funded International Conference on Endangered Languages of Delhi-NCR: The Northeast India Focus held at NLU, New Delhi [8 May 2018].
- Presented a Research Paper on A study on effect of MAKE IN INDIA on employability of engineering students of Dr APJAKTU in the International Conference on Technological and Management Advances in the New Age Economy: An Industry Perspective at MIET, Greater Noida (18 March 2017).
- Presented a Research Paper on Private Engineering Colleges’ (affiliated to UPTU) Teachers’ and students’ perception on the role of integrating soft skills in the process of English Language teaching and learning in the International Conference on English Studies and Shakespeare: A Glocal Perspective held at Amity University, Lucknow (January 7-9 2015.
- Presented a Research Paper on Technological and Management Advances of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in the New age economy in the International Conference on ‘Technological and Management Advances in the New Age Economy: An Industry Perspective’ held at Mangalmay Institute of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida (March 1, 2014).
- Presented a Research Paper on Changing Organisational Culture as a Result of Global Recession in the International Conference on ‘Business Strategies for Managing Turnarounds in the Global Economy’ held at Mangalmay Institute of Management and Technology, Greater Noida (August 6, 2010).
Papers Presented: (11- National)
- Had been invited as a Speaker and even Presented a Research Paper on Integrating soft skills in the process of English Language/ Professional Communication teaching and learning in Private Engineering Colleges affiliated to UPTU in a National Seminar on “Linguistics in Humanities” held at University of Delhi, Delhi (March 10-11, 2015).
- Presented a Paper on The Indian Internal Security Issues and its future in an ICSSR, New Delhi sponsored National Seminar on “Threats to India’s Internal Security: Issues and Challenges” organized by the Dept. of Defence Studies, Meerut College, Meerut (24-25 November 2013).
- Presented a Paper on Challenges faced by Indian Incorporations in the era of Recession in Shodh-2012: The National Seminar on “India Inc: Managing for Tomorrow” at Lord Krishna College of Management, Ghaziabad (08 April 2012).
- Value Driven Leadership: an immediate need for the Indian culture Leadership for “21st Century Business: Issues and Challenges”, ITS College, Greater Noida (Feb. 24-25, 2012).
- Presented a Paper on Business Ethics: an oxymoron having several ethical issues in the National Conference on “Ethics in Business: In the Era of Cut Throat Competition” held at KIET, Ghaziabad (September 17, 2011).
- Presented a Paper on Expression of Marginalisation in Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable, in the National Seminar held at DG College, Kanpur (November 17, 2009).
- Presented a Paper on Management of Large Size English Language Teaching Classes, in the ELT@I Kanpur Chapter’s National Seminar-cum-Workshop on “Key Issues in Teaching of English” held at VSSD College, Kanpur (November 15, 2009).
- Made a presentation on Body Language in Communication in Faculty Development Programme held at GCET, Greater Noida (July 7-14 2009).
- Presented a Paper on Feminist Consciousness in Namita Gokhale’s Paro: The Dreams of Passion, in the Conference held at Kanpur University (November 02, 2008).
- Made a presentation on Role of Body Language in Communication in Staff Development Programme held at GCET, Greater Noida. (May 28, 2007 - June 08, 2007).
- Presented a Paper on Chandran’s Attainment of maturity and self-realisation in R.K.Narayan’s The Bachelor of Arts, in the 50th All India English Teacher’s Conference (IAES) held at University of Lucknow (Jan 13 -16, 2006).
Training Attended / Certifications
- Gold Medalist in Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality from IIT Kanpur (2018).
- A certified Human Values and Professional Ethics teacher/faculty (mandatory for teaching the said subject).
- Attended a workshop on ESOL Cambridge sponsored Teacher Support Programme held in Galgotias University, Greater Noida (18-19 October 2012).
- Attended Train the Trainer program at INFOSYS , Chandigarh in Soft Skills in August 2010.