- Position: Assistant Professor (Law)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LLM in International Humanitarian Law, International Criminal Law and Human Rights (Geneva Academy International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights); BA LLB (University of Kashmir)
Sahiba Maqbool joined Lloyd Law College in August 2017 as an Assistant
Professor. She was formerly a Researcher at Indian Society of International Law from
2015-16, where she wrote the Human Rights Committee Report for India. She was also involved
in writing a comprehensive declaration by Indian on United Nations Conventions on Law of the
Sea. In addition, she has worked as an Advocacy Intern in Human Rights Watch, Geneva where
her main function was to review and follow-up on the notable thematic issue at Human Rights
Council and Universal Periodic Review procedures. She also delivered statements on abolition
of death penalty and prohibition of torture on behalf of Commonwealth Human Rights
Initiatives in Human Rights Council. Moreover, she has also worked as Research Intern in
Global Detention Project where she worked on detention related to immigration in the United
States and India.
She obtained her LLM from Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights from 2013-14, specializing in international humanitarian law, international criminal law and human rights. She pursued her BA LLB from University of Kashmir from 2007-2012. She recently published a paper titled, ‘Implications of Use of Drones under International Law’ in the 25th Volume of Sri-Lankan Journal of International Law.
- LLM thesis on, “Implications of the Use of Drones under International Law in Pakistan”, under publication in Sri-Lankan Journal of International Law, 25th Volume.
- Paper presentation on the 45th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of International Law on “the Armed Forces Special Powers Act and its impact on Insurgency in Kashmir”, 2016.
- Paper presentation on Drones: Individual Criminal Responsibility and State Accountability, 1st International Youth Summit, University of Lahore, Lahore, November 2017