- Position: Assistant Professor (Law)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.Sc., LL.M., NET
Amit Srivastav is Assistant Professor of Law at Lloyd Law College. His qualifications are B.Sc. (Biology), LL.M. and U.G.C. NET. After completing his Degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from St. Andrew’s College, Gorakhpur University, he started practicing as an Advocate in District Court. Since then he practiced in various District Courts before getting inclined towards academics and teaching. He completed his Degree of Master of Laws (LL.M.) and went on to qualify the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). He has more than 7 years of teaching experience and 4 years of advocacy experience. He has attended various Faculty Development Programs (FDPs), Training Sessions, Workshops, etc. He also acts as Faculty Coordinator in various co-curricular activities such as moot court competitions, parliamentary debates, etc. His areas of interest are Transfer of Property Act, Jurisprudence and Labour and Industrial Laws.
Mr. Srivastav believes that education is the birth right of every child and every endevour should be made to realize this vision. He feels that right to education should not be limited to a few privileged ones of the society but it must reach every corners of our country. Every child has a potential to shape the future of this country in his own unique manner, whether he is associated with law field or any other field. A teacher’s role, he believes, is not limited to the text books and classrooms but he also has to guide every student to become a good human being with strong moral values. The students must be provided with holistic development which commences from the classroom but travels beyond it. It includes moot court competitions, debates, visits to Parliament and other bodies, academic and excursion tours, etc.
Mr. Amit joined Lloyd Law College as Assistant Professor in August 2013. He also has 4 years of experience of working as an Advocate at District Courts. As Assistant Professor, he has been taking lectures in B.A.LL.B. and LL.B. programs. He has been taking lectures on Property Law, Jurisprudence and Labour Laws
Roles & Responsibilities
- Mr. Srivastav has been entrusted upon academic as well as administrative functions. He is the Head of Lloyd Scholarship Committee which grants scholarship to the students under various categories.
- He also heads the Campus Disciplinary Committee (CDC). CDC is the body responsible for maintaining proper discipline in the campus and take immediate and appropriate steps in case of any grievance or complaint received by it
- He is a member of the Anti Ragging Squad which works under the Anti Ragging Committee of the College. As a member of this squad, his role is to ensure no act of ragging takes place within the campus, college transport or college hostel.
Books, Research & Publications
Mr. Srivastav has authored Case Material on Labour and Industrial Law, published by Thomson Reuters. The case material exclusively deals with creation, contour and coterie of legal concepts and its hermeneutical and epistemological interpretation of labour laws
International & National Seminars/Conferences
- Faculty Coordinator of “All six editions of Professor N.R. Madhava Menon SAARC Law Mooting Competition, Law Students’ Conference & South Asia Colloquium since, 2015
- Presented a Paper at CLEA Regional Conference on Freedom of Speech and Expression, 2016 organized by Law Commission of India in association with Lloyd Law College in 2016
- Participated in the Seminar organized by the Bar Council of India, 2013 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Attended Professional Development Training Program on ‘Constitution Litigation and Human Rights Advocacy’ conducted by IBA- Chair on Continuing Legal Education, National Law School of India University Bangalore and Menon Institute of Legal Advocay Training, Trivandrum in 2015
- Attended Faculty Development Program on “Law & Social Sciences” in January, 2019
- Participated in One-Week Online FDP on "A-Z of Writing & Publication in Scopus-indexed Journals" organized by GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, AP, India in August, 2020
- Faculty Coordinator, 2nd Lloyd Law Job Fest 2019
- Registered Advocate, Bar Council of Uttar Pradesh
- Member, Bar Association, Gorakhpur
- Member, Bar Association, Gautambuddha Nagar
Awards & Honours
- Received Certificate of Honour & Appreciation at 2nd Lloyd Law Job Fest 2019
- Received Certificate of Honour & Appreciation at Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition