Ms. Samriddhi Verma
- Position: Adjunct Faculty (Law)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. (Intellectual Property Rights & Business Law)
Ms. Samriddhi Verma is an Adjunct Faculty (Law) at LLOYD LAW COLLEGE. She has completed her graduation in BBA.LL.B.(Hons.) from National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (2012-2017) and post-graduation in IPRs & Business Law from National Law Institute University, Bhopal (2018-19). She had the privilege of undertaking my dissertation under the supervision of Dr. Ghayur Alam, Professor in Business and Intellectual Property Laws and Former MHRD Chair of IP Law. The dissertation was entitled as “Principles of Fair and Equitable Benefit Sharing under the Biodiversity Law: An Analysis”. The dissertation was well received and acknowledged by the supervisor and the external examiner Dr. Javaid Talib, Professor, Aligarh Muslim University in the viva-voce process.
She qualified the UGC’s National Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor in Law in December 2019. Her academic/research interests include Intellectual Property Rights, IP & Biodiversity Law, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Law, Concept of Public Domain, Ethical & Political Philosophy / Jurisprudence and Law of Contracts
As an individual, she considers herself as a student of life and law. She cherishes reading, blogging, poetry and engaging in meditative practices as a part of her routine. She values simplicity, humility and integrity, which is the primary reason for her pursuit of a life and career in academics and research. With a family background in academics & education, she has always revered the profession. It’s a proud lineage that she deeply treasures and desires to further.
Between February to April 2020, she has worked as a Teaching Assistant to Mr. Apurv Kumar Mishra in relation to his course on Fundamentals of Law in the Young India Fellowship programme (2019-20) at Ashoka University, Sonepat (Haryana). Further, she has been recently engaged by Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida as an adjunct faculty for the course on ‘Contract Law-I’ (Semester I) in the LL.B. (3 year) programme.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinated the Teaching Sessions on “Law of Contract – 01”, a special lecture series from 15th Jan’21-20th Jan’21 by Prof. Ghayur Alam, Professor of Business Laws & IPR and Dean, Under-Graduate Studies, The National Law Institute University, Bhopal. The key takeaways shall be published under guidance and supervision of Prof. Md. Salim, Director, Lloyd Law College and Prof. Ghayur Alam.
International & National Seminars/Webinars/Conferences
- Participated In The One-Day International Webinar Titled Contemporary challenges of Legal Education and Research in India and China Organised By The Centre For Transparency And Accountability In Governance, National Law University, Delhi AnD Beijing normAl University, Beijing, People’s Republic of China on 21st November, 2020 Under The Auspices Of Sparc-IITK Joint Research Project 2019-21
- Participated in webinar on ‘Author’s Remuneration from Sound Recordings: 8 Years after the 2012 Amendment to the Copyright Act, 1957’ held on 12th September, 2020 at Centre for Intellectual Property Studies, National Law University Jodhpur.
- Participtaed in National Webinar on ‘Protection and Promotion of Patents – Post COVID19 in India’ held on 11th Septempber, 2020 organized by Board of Innovation, Incubation & Enterprises, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Participated in International Webinar on ‘Protection of Right to Life & Right to Livelihood during COVID-19 pandemic’ held on 31st August, 2020 organized by ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Participated in Virtual Legal Colloquium (5 days) on ‘Socio Legal Dynamics & State Responsibility amidst COVID-19’ held on 24th August – 28th August, 2020 organized by Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun
- Participated in International Webinar on ‘Future of Basic Structure & Essential Features Doctrine’ delivered by Padma Shree Prof. (Dr.) Upendra Baxi held on 27th August, 2020 organized by ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Reviewed manuscripts as part of Peer Review Panel for 2nd NLIU India Foundation Constitutional Law Symposium held at NLIU, Bhopal on March 14-15, 2020
- Acted as a resource person in the 2-day Workshop on “Drafting of Agreements” conducted on 7th - 8th February, 2020 at Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida (U.P.)
- Participated in a Two-Day Advance Level Workshop on “Biological Diversity Laws & ABS” organised by the Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), National Biodiversity Authority (NBA) and National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU) under the UNDP-GEF Global ABS Project: “Strengthening Human Resources, Legal Frameworks & Institutional Capacities to Implement the Nagoya Protocol” held on the 12th-13th April, 201
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Completed the One Week Online International Faculty Development Programme on Law and the Social Sciences, organized by the National Law Institute University, Bhopal in collaboration with Jagran Lakecity University, School of Law, Bhopal from 14th to 20th December 2020.
- Obtained Verified Certificate in the MOOC Course on “Justice” [HarvardX-ER22.1X] by Michael Sandel offered by Harvard University in collaboration with edX platform on Sept.18, 2020
- Online Course on ‘Introduction to Securities Law’ conducted by myLaw.net/Rainmaker & secured 84% (2014)