BBA LLB Course Details: Overview, Fees, Subject Th - 05 July, 2022
B.B.A.LL.B. is an undergraduate dual degree integrated programme. The full form of it is Bachelor of Business Administration -Bachelor of Legislative Law. It is a new stream in the field of law wherein aspirants are taught both business and law subjects. It is one of the most sought after course among the students. The legal professionals and business analysts have always been in great demand and the combination of these two fields makes an aspirant perfect to survive in the corporate world with dignity and potentiality. B.B.A.LL.B. course provides immense and lucrative opportunities to the students to understand and apply the theoretical and practical knowledge in sync with business practices. This course gives a strong foundation to the budding lawyers owing to its well-rounded pedagogy and exposure to the needed industrial practices.
Opportunities of B.B.A.LL.B. Programme:
The programme provides professional opportunity both in business as well as in law field. Now a days one needs competency and legal knowledge to be successful in business establishment. This programme is very helpful to those people who are honestly following rules and laws.
The other opportunities of this programme are as follows:
- Litigation Lawyer: One who has completed his law course B.B.A.LL.B. is eligible to work as a litigation lawyer after completion of five years course. He can always handle transactional matters out of court as well or even mediation
- Join the corporate lawyer: After B.B.A.LL.B. aspirant may join a company or firm as a corporate lawyer and can provide legal consultation.
- Judge or Judiciary exam: A B.B.A.LL.B. graduate can also sit for judicial service examination and later can join as a judicial officer both in lower and higher judiciary in India.
- Company Secretary: Post B.B.A.LL.B. an aspirant with knowledge of law and business become well equipped to work as a company secretary. The design of the course includes the requirement and skills needed for this course.
- Further study (LL.M./M.B,A.): After B.B.A.LL.B. one can choose to go for further study including masters in the field of law or business administration.
To get admission for the B.B.A. LL.B. programme (Law Admission) requires the candidate to complete 12th grade from a recognized board like ICSE or CBSE. The eligibility criteria for this programme is not that complicated however, it differs from institute to institute.
- Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 level examinations from any subject discipline- Science, Commerce or Humanities can apply
- The minimum marks a candidate should score in 12th standard is at least 45% and above. (Students from SC/ST Category are given 5% relaxation for the same.)
However, to get admission in B.B.A.LL.B. Numerous law entrance exam are held both in national and state level. The entrance exam are as follows:
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test): This test is regulated by the association of National Law Universities across India.
LSAT (Law School Admission Test): This test is regulated by Law School Admission Council for admission into under graduate and post graduate law courses into various colleges and universities in India.
AILET (All India Law Entrance test): This test is conducted by National Law University, Delhi specially to provide admission into B.B.A.LL.B., LL.M. and Ph.D. in this university.
SLAT (Symbiosis Law Admission Test): This test is conducted by Symbiosis International for the admission of law courses into its various branches located in Noida, Pune, Hyderabad and Nagpur.
MH CET-Law: This test is conducted by the state government of Maharashtra for the admission of both 3-year LL.B and 5-year B.A.LL.B. and B.B.A.LL.B.
The duration of B.B.A.LL.B. is five years having ten semesters.
The fee structure of B.B.A.LL.B. programme differs from institution to institution however, the average fee is INR 35000 - 1.5 LPA.
The main subjects in B.B.A. LL.B. that are taught over the 5 years of course are as follows:
Human Resource Management (Principles & Practice of Management); Marketing Management (Fundamentals of Marketing); Financial Management I (Fundamentals of Financial Management); English I (general English); English II (Communication Skill); Constitutional Law I
English III (Advance English); English IV (Legal language and Legal Writing); Foreign Language: French I/German I/Spanish I, Human Resource Management II (Human Resource and Personal Management); Marketing Management II (Marketing Communication and Advertising); Financial Management II (Banking and Insurance), Constitutional Law II; Law of Contract
Human Resource Management III (Wage and Salary Administration); Marketing Management III (Sales and Distribution Management); Financial Management III (Financial Institutions & Markets); Foreign Language: French II/German II/Spanish II; Law of Torts including Motor Vehicle and Consumer; Protection Act; Special Contract, Environmental Law; Cyber Law
Human Resource Management IV (Training and Development); Marketing Management IV (Customer Relationship Management); Financial Management IV (Working Capital Management); Administrative Law; Family Law I; Company Law
Human Resource Management V (Industrial Relations); Marketing Management V (Fundamentals of Retailing); Environmental Science; Jurisprudence; Family Law II; Law of Crimes I (Indian Penal Code); Research Methodology
Human Resource Management VI (Human Resource Planning and Development); Financial Management V (Financial Services); Penology and Victimology; Labour and Industrial Law I; Law of Evidence; Mediation and Conciliation
Labour and Industrial Law II; Law of Crimes II (Criminal Procedure Code I); Public International Law; Civil Procedure Code and limitation Act I; Alternative Dispute Resolution
Law of Crimes III (Criminal Procedure Code II); Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act II; Property Law (Transfer of Property Act & Easement Act); Land Laws including Tenure & Tenancy System; White Collar Crime; Professional Ethics and Professional Accountancy
Principles of taxation Law; Drafting, Pleading and Conveyance; Intellectual Property Right
Moot Court Exercise and Internship
Top Law colleges:
Some of the top college that provide B.B.A.LL.B. programme in India are:
- UPES, Dehradun
- Chandigarh University, [CU] Chandigarh
- NIMS University, [NIMSU] Jaipur
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Parul University, Gujarat
- National Law University, Orissa
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's New Law College, Pune
- Christ University
- ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- KLE Society's Law College, Bangalore
- KIIT Law School, Bhubaneswar
- IMS Unison University, [IUU] Dehradun
- Law College Dehradun, Dehradun
- Amity University, Lucknow
It is seen that from the syllabus with practical training that B.B.A. LL.B. is a beneficial course for students who desire to excel in law business as the course benefits students with the knowledge of management and in-depth understanding of the Law. In addition, students have the best of both worlds as they can easily and efficiently handle multiple roles in an organization. The course offers excellent job opportunities in various sectors and helps the aspirants to increase their market value.