Dr. Preeti Tewari
- Position: Associate Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A., M.A., B.Ed., Ph.D
Dr. Preeti Tewari is an Associate Professor of English at LLOYD LAW COLLEGE. Dr. Tewari has completed her B.A., M.A., and B.Ed. Further, she has completed her Ph.D. Thesis entitled ‘Feminist Discourse in the novels of Shobhaa De and Namita Gokhale’. Her area of research majorly focuses on ELT, Phonetics, Business Communication, Soft Skills training and Feminism. She has done theatre also. Dr. Tewari She has over 17 years of teaching experience and has taught an array of courses like Professional English, Professional Communication, Business Communication, Technical Writing, UCLES BEC and Soft Skills courses to the undergraduate as well as post graduate students. She is instrumental in conducting tailor made sessions for students across the board in unleashing their hidden potential and making them employable. She strongly believes in the power of a Guru which literally means dispeller of darkness. She conducts classes, webinars, PD workshops in order to groom students and make them employable. She’s the Head Coordinator of Naatyotsav: the theatre group nurtured by her. She conducts regular trainings and workshops for the selected theatre enthusiasts. Apart from these, she actively looks into the various extracurricular activities like Nukkad Naatak, Stage Plays/ Skits, and conducting cultural programs.
Dr. Tewari strives to make learning fun. She believes that it’s only when a student begins to enjoy attending sessions/lectures that learning can begin. Moreover, a rapport between a Guru keeps changing roles; from being to a guide, mentor, to being a co-participant, organizer and facilitator. In addition to it, she firmly believes that no course could be taught without adding human values and professional ethics along with etiquettes as a foundation to the teachings. As, only an evolved and compassionate citizen can change the destiny of any nation!
Dr. Tewari began her career in UPTEC, Lucknow in the year 2000 as a Business English Certificate Course (BEC) Course Coordinator, Cambridge University, British Council, New Delhi (Participants: MCA/O Level Course)
- Dr. Tewari worked as a Faculty of English, in BBDNITM, Lucknow in the year 2003.
- Dr. Tewari associated with Galgotias Group of Institutions in 2004 as an Assistant Professor, Department of English where she taught B.Tech/MBA/MCA/PGDM students.
- Dr. Tewari briefly (2014-2015) got associated with ABESEC, Ghaziabad.
- In 2015, Dr. Tewari was heading the English department in JRE Group of Institutions- a Raffles Gr. (from Singapore) and Educomp Gr. venture
- 2017 was the year when Dr. Tewari got associated with I.T.S Group where she stayed till 2019. In 2019, Dr. Tewari got appointed as an Associate Professor in Lloyd Law College.
Roles & Responsibilities
With effective interpersonal skills, people management and strategic approach Dr. Tewari shuffles her academic and any other roles and responsibilities that she gets entrusted with.
- As the first year BALLB Students’ Faculty Coordinator looks after the following on regular basis:
- Any other related concerns
- Conducts theatre workshops and trains students in drama/ stage plays/ script writing, etc.
- Conducting placement related sessions
- Conducting Workshops on Personality Development
- Designing modules for Placement
- Editing and Proof reading books/research papers/ other related material [Book-Gender and Justice to be published]
- Conducting Student Orientation programme
- Guiding students for various legal and other Competitions
- Conducting workshops/sessions for students in colleges
Research and Publication
- The Portrayal of Women characters in Shobhaa De’s Novels in “Research in Literatures, and Languages” (Edited by: Prasannanshu, Pradeep Kumar Das, Ali R. Fatehi and Anil Sehrawat) Vol. 4 (2017).
- A study of the Institution of marriage and motherhood in the novels of Shobhaa Dé; Virtuoso: A Refereed Transnational Bi-Annual Journal of Language and Literature in English, (Chief ed.) T. Sai Chandra Mouli. Vol. 4 – Issue 2. (Feb. 2015).
- Value Driven Leadership: an immediate need for the Indian culture Leadership for 21st Century Business: Issues and Challenges, ITS College, Greater Noida (Feb. 2012).
- Lesbian Consciousness in Shobhaa Dé’s fiction; Feminine Psyche: A Post-Modern Critique, (ed.) Dr. Neeru Tandon. Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi (2008).
- A study on Rromani Females’ socio-economic, educational and legal situation in Europe in an International Conference on Rromani Language, Linguistic Rights, And Linguistic Justice (ICRLLRLJ) organised by The Centre for Linguistic Justice and Endangered Languages, NLU in collaboration with The Rromani Division (South-India and Himalaya Dpt.) of the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Culture, Paris. (INALCO); New Delhi [5 December 2018].
- Language Death: Concept; Reasons; and Measures to Revive in a UGC funded International Conference on Endangered Languages of Delhi-NCR: The Northeast India Focus held at NLU, New Delhi [8 May 2018].
- Presented a Research Paper on A study on effect of MAKE IN INDIA on employability of engineering students of Dr APJAKTU in the International Conference on Technological and Management Advances in the New Age Economy: An Industry Perspective at MIET, Greater Noida (18 March 2017).
- Presented a Research Paper on Private Engineering Colleges’ (affiliated to UPTU) Teachers’ and students’ perception on the role of integrating soft skills in the process of English Language teaching and learning in the International Conference on English Studies and Shakespeare: A Glocal Perspective held at Amity University, Lucknow (January 7-9 2015.
- Presented a Research Paper on Technological and Management Advances of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in the New age economy in the International Conference on ‘Technological and Management Advances in the New Age Economy: An Industry Perspective’ held at Mangalmay Institute of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida (March 1, 2014).
- Presented a Research Paper on Changing Organisational Culture as a Result of Global Recession in the International Conference on ‘Business Strategies for Managing Turnarounds in the Global Economy’ held at Mangalmay Institute of Management and Technology, Greater Noida (August 6, 2010).
- Had been invited as a Speaker and even Presented a Research Paper on Integrating soft skills in the process of English Language/ Professional Communication teaching and learning in Private Engineering Colleges affiliated to UPTU in a National Seminar on “Linguistics in Humanities” held at University of Delhi, Delhi (March 10-11, 2015).
- Presented a Paper on The Indian Internal Security Issues and its future in an ICSSR, New Delhi sponsored National Seminar on “Threats to India’s Internal Security: Issues and Challenges” organized by the Dept. of Defence Studies, Meerut College, Meerut (24-25 November 2013).
- Presented a Paper on Challenges faced by Indian Incorporations in the era of Recession in Shodh-2012: The National Seminar on “India Inc: Managing for Tomorrow” at Lord Krishna College of Management, Ghaziabad (08 April 2012).
- Value Driven Leadership: an immediate need for the Indian culture Leadership for “21st Century Business: Issues and Challenges”, ITS College, Greater Noida (Feb. 24-25, 2012).
- Presented a Paper on Business Ethics: an oxymoron having several ethical issues in the National Conference on “Ethics in Business: In the Era of Cut Throat Competition” held at KIET, Ghaziabad (September 17, 2011).
- Presented a Paper on Expression of Marginalisation in Mulk Raj Anand’s Untouchable, in the National Seminar held at DG College, Kanpur (November 17, 2009).
- Presented a Paper on Management of Large Size English Language Teaching Classes, in the ELT@I Kanpur Chapter’s National Seminar-cum-Workshop on “Key Issues in Teaching of English” held at VSSD College, Kanpur (November 15, 2009).
- Made a presentation on Body Language in Communication in Faculty Development Programme held at GCET, Greater Noida (July 7-14 2009).
- Presented a Paper on Feminist Consciousness in Namita Gokhale’s Paro: The Dreams of Passion, in the Conference held at Kanpur University (November 02, 2008).
- Made a presentation on Role of Body Language in Communication in Staff Development Programme held at GCET, Greater Noida. (May 28, 2007 - June 08, 2007).
- Presented a Paper on Chandran’s Attainment of maturity and self-realisation in R.K.Narayan’s The Bachelor of Arts, in the 50th All India English Teacher’s Conference (IAES) held at University of Lucknow (Jan 13 -16, 2006).
International & National Seminars/Conferences
- Participated in a National Seminar cum Workshop on e-Content, MOOCs (SWAYAM) & ARPIT organized by GAD-TLC & AICTE held in Sri. Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi on 31 August 2019
- Participated in an AICTE sponsored National Conference on Strategies for Sustainable Growth in the Era of Information Technology held at GNIT Management School, Greater Noida (23 November 2013)
- Participated in the Symposium on Dramatic Presentation of a Novel held at VSSD College, Kanpur (31 March 2008)
- Attended a Seminar on Teacher Support Programme for BEC, organised at British Council Division, New Delhi (23-25 June, 2006)
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Participated in the 8-day workshop on Human Values and Professional Ethics held in ABES-EC, Ghaziabad in June 2016
- Participated in a workshop on Universal Human Values held in Galgotias University, Greater Noida (27 January-29 January, 2014)
- Participated in a workshop on Strategies of Technical Writing supported by UPTU, Lucknow, held at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad (30 November 2013)
- Participated in a Human Values and Professional Ethics Workshop organised by GNIT College at Greater Noida (2013)
- Participated in a two days Human Values and Professional Ethics Workshop organised by ITS College, Greater Noida in collaboration with Value Education Cell of GBTU and MTU at Greater Noida (27-28 April 2012)
- Participated in a two days Human Values and Professional Ethics Workshop organised by ITS College, Greater Noida in collaboration with Value Education Cell of GBTU and MTU at Greater Noida (21-22 November 2011)
- Participated in the workshop by Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan- Personality re-engineering & Holistic Wellness: an effort to sky rocket your career, personality and success held at GCET, Greater Noida (April 23 2010)
- Participated in the workshop on Managerial Administration held at Mangalmay Institute of Management and Technology, Greater Noida (August 17, 2010)
- Attended a short-term course/QIP on Macro Human Culture and Social Environment held at IIT-Roorkee (7-11 June, 2010)
- Attended the Workshop on Soft-Skills , at Infosys, Chandigarh (11-13 February, 2009)
- Attended a Talk by Shiv Khera on Winners don’t do different things. They do things Differently organized at Rotary Club, Kanpur (15 June 2008)
- Attended a Workshop on Awareness Programme on Innovations in Professional and Higher Technical Education held at Hotel Ashoka, New Delhi (May 6, 2005)
- Attended the Workshop on Oral Communication in English and Technology Interface: Problems and Prospects, held at GCET, Greater Noida (Feb.28-March 1, 2005)
- Attended the 30th International Systemic Functional Linguistic Congress, held at CIEFL, RC, Lucknow, India (Dec.1-17, 2003)
- Attended a workshop on Texting and Testing held at CIEFL, RC, Lucknow (2002)
- Attended a workshop on Communication Skills, held at CIEFL, RC, Lucknow (2002)
- Gold Medalist in Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality from IIT Kanpur (2018).
- A certified Human Values and Professional Ethics teacher/faculty (mandatory for teaching the said subject).
- Attended a workshop on ESOL Cambridge sponsored Teacher Support Programme held in Galgotias University, Greater Noida (18-19 October 2012).
- Attended Train the Trainer program at INFOSYS , Chandigarh in Soft Skills in August 2010.
- Faculty Coordinator of LLOYD JOB FEST, 2018 & 2019.
- Life Time Member, LSI (Linguistic Society of India)
Awards & Honours
- Received a TEACHER INNOVATION AWARD for sustainable efforts towards promoting joyful and experiential teaching from ZIIEI on 30 September 2019
- Received a Certificate from MBA (Final year) students acknowledging my teaching methodology in the year 2012