Prof. Sekhawat Husain
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Email: email@example.com
B.A., M.A., (AMU Aligarh), M.A Planning (ITPI, New Delhi), M. Phil (JNU New Delhi)
Sekhawat Husain is an assistant professor of Sociology at LLOYD LAW COLLEGE. Prof. Husain is an active alumnus of the Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh & Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He has completed his B.A., M.A., M. Phil. Further he has completed his Masters of Planning from Institute of Town Planners India, New Delhi. His area of research majorly focuses on urban crisis/chaos and urban development and related policy implications. Prof. Husain is an experienced professional with 19+ years in different capacities at different Universities and Ministeries. At present serving Lloyd Law College, diligently in accordance with the assigned duties.
Prof. Husain, consider his students as an ecolytes and not the consumers, whose needs required to be formed rather than to be satisfied. Prof. Husain as a teacher has a vision that if you have the privilege to know then its your duty to share it. Prof. Husain has the advantage of his discipline that is sociology, where he can relate any social phenomenon with law and with existing social norms and making it contextual and quite easy for his students . Prof Husain considers himself as a helping hand for his students; as he thinks that nobody can teach, teacher is there to help his/her students. In doing so Prof. Husain is making his class session a fun and in the process he himself went on to enjoy the class.
Prof. Husain began his career in the year 2000, as a Faculty of Sociology at Wigan & Leigh College, Sainik Farms, New Delhi for their course of London School of Economics. In april 2002 joined Chanakya IAS Academy,Poorvi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi. In August 2003, moved to Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi to serve as a guest faculty in various department/center, like Sociology, Law, Mass Communication, Development Communication, Architecture & Ekistics; to teach the undergarduate and post graduate students. In September 2008 joined Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA) Govt. of India, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi as a consultant sociologist (Social Development Specialist). In February 2011, went on to serve Aligarh Muslim University Centre Murshidabad, as an Assistant Professor. In June 2013, Joined Byju’s IAS Academy, Rajendra Nagar New Delhi. In September 2014 joined, Department of Urban Development, Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) as a consultant sociologist (Social Development Specialist). In November 2015 went to serve Mass communication Reserch Center (MCRC), Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, as a Mass Communication Theory & Research Specialist to teach Ph.D scholars. In March 2016 joined Residential Coaching Academy for Civil Services, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi. In February 2017 Joined Lloyd Law College.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Besides teaching, any duty assigned by honourable director, Lloyd Law College; that may vary from time to time.
Books, Research & Publications
- Husain Sekhawat, 2001, Sociology: An Introduction (Orients to civil services & UGC/NET aspirants), Trueman Publication, New Delhi. ISBN - 8183291872
- Husain Sekhawat, 2007, Community Journalism, Shree Publication, New Delhi. ISBN – 8189301292
- Author of a report on baseline survey of Industrial wokers living in Sangam Vihar, New Delhi. Supported & published by Heal Foundation, 2016
- Contribution of Muslim women in literature, Published by National Commission of Women, New Delhi,2013
Paper Presented in International & National Seminars / Conferences
- International conference on resilience, Department of Geography, Jamai a Millia Islamia, New Delhi, November 2020
- International conference on women, MANUU, Hyderabad, March 2013
- National seminar on ‘Natural Resources: Accounts and Accountability’ Organized By ‘Yugantar Bharti’ Ranchi. December 2011.
- 30th All India Sociological Congress” Hosted by Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur December 2004
- “International Conference on Peace and Conflict” organized by the Department of Psychology, Jamia Millia Islamia; October 2004.
- Communication, anthropology and Sociology, India International Centre, Lodhi Road New Delhi. December 2003
Workshops, Faculty Development Programs & Training Programs
- Faculty Development Programme, Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, January 2019.
- Research Methodology Course, organized by Department of Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. Sponsored by Indian Council Of Social Science Research, New Delhi. March 2005
- Dynamics of Indian society: Urbanization and Change, Centre for study of Social System, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, November 2004.
- ‘Rethinking Sociology’, Centre for study of Social System, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, March 2003
- Attended numerous seminars/ workshops organized in /by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Delhi University, Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi, India International Centre, New Delhi, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, Sarai Urban Media,CSDS, New Delhi, Centre Scince Humane (CSH), New Delhi.
- National Seminar held Jointly by Centre For Jawaharlal Nehru Studies & Centre for Culture media & Governance, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. 18 -20 Feb, 2007.
- National Seminar on Broadcast Bill Sponsored by Department Of Sociology & Centre for Culture media & Governance, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, September 2006.
- International Seminar in the Memory of Professor Bikram Nanda by Department of Sociology Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. 4 – 7 December 2004.
- Celebrating Films for Freedom, Jointly organized by Mass Communication Research Centre and department of sociology Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, September 2004.
Other Professional engagements
- Translation of Budget speech delivered by Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram in Parliament. And giving my expert opinion on Urban renewal and urban Poverty on television. February 2007, On NDTV, New Delhi
- Made a documentary film.2015 to be uploaded by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, East (EMCD) on their website
- Consultant, Strategic Alliance Management Services, New Friendes Colony, New Delhi ( Framing MCQs & Interview and whole recruitment process) for National health Mission of Govt. of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand & Uttar Pradesh). 2014 – 2016
- Observer, University Grants Commission for their NET/JRF Exams. ( From 2005 – 2017)
- Reasercher, UNESCO Report 2004 of Awareness about AIDS Among Undergradute Students of Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Research Assistant, UGC Major Research Project on NICT, 2006 Department of Sociology, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Initiated and headed the Literary & Cultural Society, and Competitive Exam Coaching Centre at AMU centre Murshidabad, 2011.
- Provided Capsule course (15 Days) of Sociology to the Civil Services Aspirants Of Kashmir University, Srinagar. October 2015.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Associate member,Institite of Town Planners India (ITPI).New Delhi
- Life Member, Indian Sociological Society.
- Member in the Research committee on Urban Studies, Centre Science Humane (CSH) French Embassy, APJ Abdul Kalam Road, New Delhi.
- Member in the panel of Sarai Urban media & urban studies at Centre for Studies of Developing Society (CSDS), Rajpur Road, New Delhi.
- External Member, Research Committee, Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC), Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Member ( Sociologist) Etical Treatment of Animal Committee, Centre for interdisciplinary research in basic sciences, Ramanujan Block, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Member, Mock Interview board for Civil Services Aspirants, Residential Coaching Academy, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Appreciations & Honours
- Honoured & Appreciated by the Office of Lieutinent Governor Delhi, 2015, For making a report on Industrial workers.
- Appreciated by Mission Director,JNnURM, Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Govt. of India.2009. For making a primer on ‘Housing Urban Poor’ Under IHSDP Scheme.
- Appreciated by Urban Development Minister, Govt. of GNCTD, Delhi Secretariat, 2014. for making a primer on ‘Slum free City Plan of Action’ & ‘Beggars Free Delhi’.