Cyber Law – Course details, Fees, career We - 29 June, 2022
Cyber Law deals with crimes at Internet and Cyberspace. It covers issues relating to freedom of expression, online privacy, child abuse, Internet usage & information systems. Cyber Lawyer’s duty is to plan, look at and advocate a case for the client engaged with a wrong related to cybercrimes. Cyber Law is a field that is more extensive than the whole legitimate area itself. It is likewise a vital part of legitimate preparation and corporate administration.
Importance of Cyber Law:-
- The extent of digital regulation and its importance is increasing day-to-day. Due to this enormous scope utilization of web innovation, the internet has likewise turned into a spot to direct noxious exercises, so to manage wrongdoings connected with digital world.
- A cyber legal counsellor is liable for dealing with criminal matters on the internet i.e the web. Cyber criminals can participate in atrocities like extortion, criticism, mischief fabrication, robbery & much more. This has led to forth fold increase in the scope of cyber-criminal lawyer.
- Cyber law is connected with every individual these days. This is primarily because we all use internet in same or other form daily. Internet is used when we create any account online, while performing e-commerce transactions, net banking for e-mails etc.
- Cyber law is important because it touches almost all aspects of transaction and activities on and concerning the internet, the World Wide Web and cyber space.
- Cyber law protects every individuals from getting trapped in any cyber violations.
Common Categories of Cyber Law:-
- Viruses & Malware
- Identity Theft
Duration and Course Details
Students can peruse specialization & practical experience in cyber regulation at postgraduate level. Minimum qualification required for admission to the postgraduate courses is LL.B. degree. However, you can take admission in bachelor’s programme of law after completing your secondary education.
Here is the list of the short & long term courses that are accessible in cyber laws:
|LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Cyber Laws||3 Years|
|LLM in Cyber Law||1 or 2 years (varies from college to college)|
|B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering + LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Cyber Laws||6 years|
|Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL)||Max. Duration: 2 years, Min Duration: 6 Months|
|Diploma in Cyber Law||Depends on guidelines of the Institution|
Cyber Law Fees Structure
Cyber law fees varies according to college’s rules and regulations, in order to get an idea about fee and structure, the updated list is mentioned below:
|Under Graduate||INR 22,000-3,00,000 LPA|
|Post Graduate||INR 1,75, 000- 6, 00,000 LPA|
|Diploma||INR 3, 500-20,000 LPA|
|Certificate||INR 8,000-40,000 LPA|
|Doctorate||INR 75,000-6,00,000 LPA|
Core Subjects in Cyber Law
The core subjects in cyber laws involves the essentials of Cybercrime, sensitive information protection, and furthermore various parts of digital protection, & applications of different parts of cybercrimes. There are both centre and elective subjects in the cyber law, which are mentioned below:
- Introduction to Cyber World
- Trademark law and cyberspace
- Crimes in Cyber Law
- Data protection
- Intellectual property Law
- Computer software and other IP issues
- Penalties and offence
The list is not exhaustive and syllabus varies depending on the Universities or college guidelines.
Salary Structure in Cyber Law
The salary structure of cyber lawyers relies on the given variables, for example capability of the understudies, work insights, their licensure, the organization which initiates them, previous work experience in cyber law field, whether they work with a law office or independently employed, and so on.
In India, proficient cyber legal counsellors procures a decent salary ranging from 9-12 lacs each year. As a fresher, you can fetch a handsome yearly packages of more than 7 lacs per annum working in a top tier firm. Remuneration in this field relies on one's insights and abilities.
Jobs & Career Prospects
Cyber Law is the emerging law and gives a lot of vocational opportunities. A portion of the profession possibilities are referenced underneath:
- A legal counsellor working in IT organizations
- Expert in Cyber/IT Based Arbitration
- Security Computer Auditors
- Techno-legitimate Professional in Computer Security
Students holding degree in digital regulation might be assigned as:
- Cyber Lawyer
- Legitimate Advisor
- Digital Assistant
With degree in digital regulation, one can pick his/her calling separated from legal advisor in the accompanying regions:
- Turn into a digital expert in IT firms or police division.
- Research collaborator in law office
- Research collaborator in innovation firm
- Network Administrators & Security Auditors in Technology firms.
Challenges in Cyber Law
The cyber law expert is another calling, there are few challenges without a doubt.
- You need to be regularly updated with insights of information, news and gadgets
- Know-how of changing and updated regulations
- Ability of various advances
- Execution based workplace
- Need to know technology parameters
Preparation Strategies for Acing Exams in Cyber Law
A portion of the course planning tips in Cyber Law course are mentioned below:
Knowledge about the Exam Pattern & Syllabus: To get ready for the tests, the applicants ought to know about the prospectus, test design, and the information that is required to prepare.
Previous Year Question Papers Catalogue: Students should practice previous years' papers to comprehend the kind of questions that are generally asked for. It likewise assists with improving and set yourself up for the genuine test.
Setting up the Time Table: Prepare well in advance, to possess sufficient time for the revision of the subject.
Join an Orientation Program: Orientation programs are valuable for assisting understudies with getting comfortable while beginning the college. It can give a comprehension of what's in store in the approaching year.
Stretch out Beyond Reading: It is smart to advance beyond the coursework, as it will assist the understudies with dealing with the future responsibility.
Put resources into Reference Books: Investing in reference books is really smart as it can assist the understudies with finding out about their specializations and help with their exploration projects.