Dr. Lalit Bhasin is the Managing Partner, Bhasin & Co., Advocates, Delhi - Mumbai, India.
- In Law Practice since 1962 – over 54 years
- Former Chairman, Film Certification Appellate Tribunal of India
- President, Society of Indian Law Firms
- Vice President, The Bar Association of India
- Past President, Inter Pacific Bar Association
- Regional President, Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary Life Member, International Bar Association
- Chairman, CIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators), India Chapter
- Chairman, PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry Committee on Corporate Affairs
- Former Chairman, Services Export Promotion Council
- Chairman, CII National Committee on Dispute Resolution
- Alternate Member, ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
Awarded Doctor of Laws (LL. D.) Honoris Causa by Jaipur University in 2013. He was awarded Honorary Membership of the IBA in Melbourne in 1994 for outstanding service to the legal profession. He was awarded the Plaque of Honour by the Prime Minister of India in 2002 for outstanding contribution to the Rule of Law. In 2007, the President of India presented the National Law Day Award to Lalit Bhasin for "Outstanding Contribution to the Development of the Legal Profession in India and for his deep involvement and engagement in the maintenance of the highest standards at the Bar".
Lalit Bhasin started his law practice in 1962 and has developed Bhasin & Co. as one of the largest law Firms in North India. His areas of specialization include Aviation, Employment & Labour Laws, Corporate Law (Formation of Joint Venture Companies, Foreign Collaborations, Amalgamations, Mergers, Acquisitions, Disinvestment); Laws relating to Information Technology; Contract and Conveyancing; Sports Law; Entertainment & Media Laws; Constitutional Law; Banking and Finance; Consumer Protection Laws; Disputes relating to Foreign Investment e.g. Shareholders Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Agency and Distribution Agreements, Technology Transfer Agreements and Dispute Resolution Practice.